The minimum commitment for a LIT would be:
Summer Camp for LIT's at Charis Camp
Summer Camp isn’t the main thing we do, making Disciples is.
For many years we have had amazing Program Staff, Cabin Leaders, LIT’s and Work Crew work together to make camp happen. There is always the tension of running the camp and at the same time training up leaders and making disciples. A few years ago we made the small but intentional shift to focus our attention and energy into ‘Inspiring and Releasing Young Leaders into their Kingdom Potential’. Our philosophy is, “if mom and dad win, kids win...if our team wins, campers win!”.
LIT’s have always been a part of our Staff Training week before summer camp begins. We spend one week with the Program Staff, Cabin Leaders and LIT’s getting equipped and ready to run camp well. The LIT’s found themselves leaving Staff Training and returning the next Monday for Teen Camp. We continued to hear the same message from LIT’s who said it was challenging to go through staff training and being equipped and then show up to teen camp as a camper. So we decided to try a hybrid - LIT Camp.
Here is what you need to know about LIT camp!
- Creating LIT camp opened up more spots for Teen campers ages 13-16 and created a new learning environment for LITs.
- It runs the same time as Teen Camp and costs the same amount as Teen Camp. Our value as a camp is to keep camp affordable and accessible for everyone. We believe the $235 price tag for this experience can’t be beaten.
- LITs will stay together in the Chalet. Their week will include
- CORE: Times with just the LITs. Having fun, learning, and building relationships
- JOIN: Times where they each join a teen cabin to experience camp and build relationships with the teen campers
- SERVE: Times where they support the program team and help in different ways to make Teen Camp happen.
- We believe that serving together develops the deepest and richest friendships
- We are committed to continuing to grow this camp and learn to inspire and invest in our leaders so they will become clear and confident in who God is and who God says they are. We believe the best leaders are those who live and lead from their identity in God.
Is LIT Camp Right for me?
- I’m going into grade 11 or 12
- I have a relationship with Jesus
- I have a desire to learn, grow and serve at camp
If you are not ready to be in leadership training and just want to enjoy Teen Camp as a camper the way you always have then sign up for Teen Camp and enjoy the week as a Camper...we love that we have a place for you to enjoy in this way!
If you are ready to be a LIT then Sign up Today!!
If you have more questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org